Full Registrant to a Non-Practising Registrant
To change your registration status from a Full Registrant to a Non-Practising Registrant, you must complete the following process.
- Login to http://renew.chirobc.com with your email address and password and complete the online application for change of status.
- Payment of the Application Fee $75 and $75 annual fee. See Schedule C – Fees.
- Payment of any other outstanding fee, debt or levy that you currently owe to the CCBC under the Health Professions Act or the Chiropractors Act.
- Proof of professional liability protection or insurance against liability arising during practice as a full registrant of at least $2,000,000 per claim for a period of 5 years following the grant of non-practising registration.
- Disclosure of the physical location of patient file.
Non-Practising Registrant to Full Registrant
To change your registration status from a Non-Practising Registrant to a Full Registrant, you must complete the following:
- Login to http://renew.chirobc.com with your email address and password and complete the online application for change of status. You will be asked to consent to a criminal record check during this process.
- Proof of completion of all applicable requirements of the Quality Assurance Program including Continuing Education requirements and Standard First Aid certification, as though you had not ceased to be a Full Registrant;
- Payment of the $320 change in registration status fee online. See Schedule C – Fees.
- Payment of the Full Registrant registration renewal fee, prorated on a monthly basis;
- Payment of any other outstanding fee, debt or levy that you currently owe to the CCBC under the Health Professions Act or the Chiropractors Act; and,
- Proof of professional liability protection or insurance of at least $2,000,000 per claim.
In addition, registrants must request that the following information is sent to the CCBC:
- If you practised chiropractic or another health profession in another jurisdiction while you were a non-practising registrant in BC, a letter of standing from each jurisdiction where you have practised or currently practise chiropractic or any other health profession sent directly from each jurisdiction to the CCBC.
- If applicable, a criminal record check from the last non-Canadian jurisdiction(s) where you have practised or currently practise chiropractic or any other health profession sent from the jurisdiction directly to the CCBC.
Further, if you have not been a Full Registrant for three (3) or more years prior to the date of your application, you must either:
- Successfully complete a clinical skills examination specified by the Registration Committee, or
- Demonstrate that you have practised chiropractic in a regulated jurisdiction for at least 300 hours per year, and completed a minimum of 20 hours of continuing education in each of the 3 previous years, or
- Satisfy the Registration Committee that your knowledge, skills and abilities are substantially equivalent to the above.
Applications will expire and are closed if they remain incomplete or the applicant is not granted status within six months of the date of initial submission. All required documentation must be received before your application will be processed.
Please allow for ‘a minimum of four weeks’ processing time once all documentation has been received. Application fees are non-refundable.