Registration class for chiropractors, currently licensed in another regulated jurisdiction, who wish to practice in BC for up to 90 days (eg. chiropractors travelling with a sports team or “hands-on” course instructors). A Temporary license does not provide a BC billing number and does not allow you to provide locum services or provide treatment to the general public.
All applicants for temporary registration must complete the following prior to status being granted:
- Create an account at http://www.chirobc.com.
- Payment of $100 ($25 application fee + $75.00 Temporary Registration Renewal fee) See Schedule C – Fees.
- Proof of professional liability protection or insurance of at least $2,000,000 per claim.
- A letter of standing from your current regulated jurisdiction licensing body, sent directly to the CCBC.
- A criminal record check from the non-Canadian jurisdiction(s) where currently practise chiropractic sent from the jurisdiction directly to the CCBC.
- Payment of any other outstanding fee, debt or levy that you currently owe to the CCBC under the Health Professions Act or the Chiropractors Act.
- If applicable, proof that your right to work in Canada is extended for the additional period of the temporary registration you are seeking.
Applications will expire and are closed if they remain incomplete or the applicant is not granted status within six months of the date of initial submission. All required documentation must be received before your application will be processed.
Processing Time for Registration
Please allow for a minimum of ‘four weeks processing time’ once all documentation has been received. Application fees are non-refundable.