Are you a registrant who is interested in helping to shape the direction of professional regulation in this province? Nominations for the 2016 Board Elections will be accepted between July 6, 2016 and August 9, 2016.
The CCBC Board is composed of four public appointed members and eight elected registrant board members who:
- Are volunteer. Reasonable expenses are reimbursed and honoraria are provided in accordance with CCBC policies.
- Can commit for a term of three years.
- Meet approximately 5 times per year in person, usually on Wednesday afternoons at the CCBC office in Richmond, BC.
- Spend 3-6 hours reviewing materials and preparing for each meeting.
- Attend and often present at the Annual General Meeting which takes place in the Lower Mainland in even numbered years and alternating Vancouver Island and the Okanagan during odd numbered years.
- Are also involved in committee work.
- May meet in person for education and strategic planning events outside of Board meeting dates.
- Meets the Board & Committee Candidate Requirements.
- Completes annual Board and personal evaluations.
- Has access to an internet connection.
- Most importantly, Board members are accountable to the College who is charged with protecting the interests of the public.
For more information on the Board election process including access to nomination forms, please click here or call the CCBC office at 604-270-1332.