FAQs - HEALTH PROFESSIONALS COVID-19 VACCINATION STATUS INFORMATION AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES ORDER
If you are a member of the public with questions/concerns about the public health order, please contact PHO/MOH Patient Client Relations:
For registrants with questions/concerns about rationale for the order:
Bonnie Henry, Provincial Health Officer
4th Floor, 1515 Blanshard Street
PO Box 9648 STN PROV GOVT, Victoria BC V8W 9P4
Fax: (250) 952-1570
- a person who is registered as a “full registrant” with the College of Chiropractors of British Columbia
- College registrants who provide virtual care
- student registered with the College
- those registered as Non-Practising.
- The CCBC is required to record the COVID-19 vaccination status of all registrants.
- Under the Public Health Act, all individuals and organizations are required to comply with the requirements set by the Provincial Health Officer.
- The PHO Order requires the College to record the vaccination status of their registrants. This is to be done in two ways:
- Personal information provided by the College about its registrants will be matched to the Provincial Immunization Registry and the results will be disclosed to the College for its records;
- For registrants whose vaccination status is not confirmed through the data match, the College will request this information directly from registrants.
- The PHO has the legal authority to issue emergency preventive measures orders under the Public Health Act.
- The CCBC will be required to comply with the Order as long as it is in effect.
- You do NOT need to provide any information to your college or the provincial government about your vaccination status unless we contact you.
- Upon the College’s request, under the Order, a registrant must provide to the College proof if they are vaccinated, or have a medical exemption from the Provincial Health Officer.
- Registrants who are partially vaccinated will be recorded as “Unvaccinated and without exemption”.
- Under the Order, the term “vaccinated” means,
“…to have received, at least 7 days previously, all doses of a vaccine or a combination of
vaccines, but not including a booster dose, as recommended by
(a) the provincial health officer, with respect to vaccines approved for use in Canada by the department of the federal government responsible for regulating drugs, or
(b) the World Health Organization, with respect to vaccines approved by the World Health Organization but not approved for use in Canada….”
A person who does not have “all doses” of a vaccine is “unvaccinated”
- The Order requires the College to record the vaccination status of its registrants.
- The College must disclose to the PHO or medical health officer, on request, registrant information regarding vaccination status and place of work, either in aggregate or by individual.
- If requested by your College, you will need to provide proof of medical exemption. The College will record you as unvaccinated with a medical exemption.
· A valid exemption must be one issued by the Office of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO).
- No. This Order requires the CCBC to record the COVID-19 vaccination status of all registrants, but it does not impose a COVID-19 vaccination requirement.
- Please note that separate public health orders remain in place requiring COVID-19 vaccination for health professionals working in residential care, acute care and community care settings.