The College of Chiropractors of BC has eight committees, five of which are statutory committees established under the Health Professions Act and CCBC Bylaws. Each committee maintains at least one third public representation to ensure that the voice of the public is present. Both public and registrant committee members work on a volunteer basis to provide their time, skills and expertise to the work of the CCBC.
- Grant or deny registration, including reinstatement of registration, of a person as a registrant of its college in accordance with the Bylaws.
- Determine the examination(s) that must be successfully completed by an applicant as a requirement for full registration.
- Establish and maintain a jurisprudence examination that is required to be taken by all applicants.
- Grant or deny the ability for the Registrar and Deputy Registrar’s to approve applications for temporary registration and for those under s. 53.
- Dr. Blake Cameron (Chair)
- Dr. Paul Dhaliwal (Vice Chair)
- Ms. Kitty Chan (Appointed Board Member)
- Investigate complaints on its own motion or raised by a complainant within timelines as prescribed by the Minister and determine the disposition of the complaint.
- Investigate registrants that fail to authorize a criminal records review check as well as registrants presenting a risk of physical or sexual abuse to children as determined by the Registrar of the Criminal Records Review Act and determine the disposition.
- Inform registrants, complainants and the Health Professions Review Board as required about the inquiry process and complaint outcomes
- Report the results of an investigation to the Board, complainant and the public.
- Refer matters that cannot be resolved to the Discipline Committee for a hearing.
- Dr. Lesley Taylor-Hughes (Chair)
- Ms. Shirley Stocker (Vice Chair-public representative)
- Dr. Avtar Jassal
- Dr. Anne Maylin-Lee
- Dr. Brett Peters
- Ms. Kitty Chan (Appointed Board Member)
- Conduct disciplinary hearings on matters referred by the Inquiry Committee or Board to evaluate the competency, conduct, or fitness of a registrant.
- Make a determination based on the evidence presented at the hearing as to any disciplinary measures that are required.
- Determine if cost awards should be applied following the hearing
- Publicly post disciplinary decisions and dispositions on the College website.
- Dr. Brad Dickson (Chair)
- Dr. Lidia Mickelson (Vice Chair)
- Mr. Bruce Williams (Appointed Board Member)
- Dr. Rob Cormack
- Dr. Christian Duff, PhD (Public Representative)
- Mr. Morley Jameson (Public Representative)
- Reviewing the standards of practice to enhance the quality of practice and to reduce incompetent, impaired or unethical practice among registrants.
- Administering a quality assurance program to promote high standards or practice among registrants.
- Assessing the clinical ability of registrants.
- Recommending courses to the board for approval under section 57.
- Collecting information from registrants in furtherance of the objects of Bylaws s. 18.
- Establishing remedial procedures to assist registrants in identifying and correcting deficiencies in their clinical abilities or places of practice.
- Reviewing all aspects of the management and conduct of health profession corporations to ensure their compliance and the compliance of their registrant shareholders, with the Act, the regulations, the Bylaws and the policies of the College.
- Dr. Enrique Domingo (Chair)
- Dr. Chris Anderson (Vice Chair)
- Ms. Karen Kesteloo (Appointed board member)
- Ms. Dorothy Barkley (Public Representative)
- Establish and maintain procedures by which the college deals with complaints of professional misconduct of a sexual nature and monitor periodically;
- Develop and coordinate, for the college, educational programs on professional misconduct of a sexual nature for members and the public as required;
- Establish a patient relations program to prevent professional misconduct, including professional misconduct of a sexual nature;
- Develop guidelines for the conduct of registrants with their patients; and
- Provide information to the public regarding the college’s complaint and disciplinary process.
- Dr. Lidia Mickelson (Chair)
- Dr. Lindsay Rite (Vice Chair)
- Mr. Bruce Williams (Appointed board member)
- Ms. Karen Kesteloo (Chair, appointed board member)
- Mr. Derek Hall (appointed board member)
- Dr. Parm Rai
- Dr. David Olson (CCBC Chair)
- Dr. Avtar Jassal (CCBC Vice Chair)
- Ms. Karen Kesteloo (appointed board member)
- Dr. Don Nixdorf (Chair)
- Dr. Gil Desaulniers